Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

STYLIGHT

As you may have already read, I am a bit obsessed with fashion magazines. I cannot get enough of them, especially Elle, I think I have about 50+ of them now. I used to have the same amount before I started collecting this bunch but they were practically turning lace-like from all the pictures I'd snipped out for collages. These are getting a bit like that now too, but still good for a while!





(As many of my collection that I can fit into my camera lens)

But now of course you have fashion websites, blogs and online magazines. You could literally search all day and read and look at all the beautiful pictures (tumblr is like a giant, never ending collage!) till you've had your fill. There are some really good ones out there. Including, STYLIGHT (click here) that i joined around a month ago. It's a great mix of different things, an online magazine (which also has style info for men, click here!), mood boards and you get your own profile. It's a great way to start blogging if you're new to it, or a great way to spread the word about a current blog.

Here's my profile...





There's lots of street style on the main page from other users and you can post your own style too - some of the photography is gorgeous - and include on your board what's inspired you. It's mad what can inspire you sometimes. Remember my subconscious desire to dress like a perfume bottle (click here)? My favourite bit is the magazine of course! They reviews lots of bloggers, post trends, street style and fashion news. Plus you can even shop on there. Actually shop! Click here to start! Brands like Carven to Dolce and Gabbana to Vivienne Westwood. And recommend items to others (once you've nabbed it in your size of course haha). Here's my current picks (click here to view):





I love that magazines are focusing more on bloggers now, I find it much more inspiring seeing someone who has to dress for work 5 days out of 7, has to compete with schizophrenic weather (it's June, what is going on?!) and doesn't have unlimited funds. I don't think money buys style, but it can definitely help. As can hours and hours of scrolling through STYLIGHT, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment