Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Wide leg



Wide leg trousers are going to be huge this spring. I ignored them last time but for SS14 I am determined to give them a go. But grudingly. I have been living by the motto of volume on top, skinny fit down below for as long as I can remember. Skinny jeans and a big jumper is my favourite uniform. But it's good to try new things and there is something very grown up about a wider leg, maybe because it forces you to wear a more tailored top half and often a heel. So how to do the wide leg? A great outfit is all about balance. If the bottom is going out, the top must come in. Go for a pair that sits high on the waist and tuck in your top half. I'm thinking of pairing one of the above with tight, fine knit polo necks (of which I have too many already, hooray!). These are my current three favourites.

1. ASOS trousers in slouch wide leg
2. H&M wide trousers
3. ASOS wide leg trousers in satin




No comments:

Post a Comment